Are you ready to transition from auto and program modes to manual? Transform your shooting results in 30 days by learning the foundations of natural light portrait photography from Stephanie Beaty of LIFEOGRAPHY. Discover the easy way to capture beautiful images SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera) without image processing or photoshop. Stop relying on editing to correct your images and learn how simple and freeing it can be to ‘get it right in camera’.
Who is this workshop for?
● Beginners who want to learn to use their DSLR.
● Program, Aperture or Shutter Priority Mode shooters who are ready to make the leap to manual.
● Photographers who rely on shooting RAW to consistently correct exposure, white balance, sharpness or crops.
● Anyone spending significant time on non-stylistic editing for image presentation.
● Shooters who depend on actions for image correction instead of enhancement.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
In Simple Shooting SOOC, some of the topics Stephanie will guide beginning photographers through include:
– A DSLR overview and custom settings that will make your camera work for you
– Demystifying exposure and the exposure triangle to share how aperture, shutter speed and ISO work together
– Metering like a pro
– Focus modes and the best way to select AF points
– A no-fail formula that will help beginners eliminate camera shake and nail focus in simple portraits
– Natural Light 101 and the top three lighting scenarios that can help every beginner succeed
– Easy tips and tricks on getting correct white balance in camera
– Professional framing secrets for dynamic portraits, the rule of thirds, and how to avoid ‘spraying and praying’ / overshooting through thoughtful composition
– What ideal SOOC images should look like. Before and after editing examples that demonstrate the benefit of high quality SOOC images
– My favorite beginners photography book and website reading lists
DSLR and 50mm Lens (or any lens with at least an f2.8 maximum aperture) All images will be shot in JPG mode and shared SOOC, resized for web.
Simple Shooting SOOC includes a topical PDF guide, as well as recorded tutorial videos. Participants are encouraged to submit three images at the start of the workshop for review and goal setting and contribute to multiple technical assignment threads. Active participants will receive a written review/critique two weeks after the close of the workshop of up to 5 SOOC images.
Stephanie has been shooting professionally since 2006 and is an award-winning portrait and commercial photographer currently based in Tampa, Florida. Her work has been featured in a variety of international publications including Practical Photography Magazine, For The Love by Jinky Art and JPG Magazine. Her photographs were recently selected for multiple juried gallery exhibits by The Darkroom Gallery in 2014. She has a heart for encouraging others and a passion for helping women pursue and achieve their creative and professional goals, while maintaining life balance.
ALL THE DETAILS:
1. This workshop is for forum members only, therefore, you must be a member of the forum to take the workshop. To become a member, simply click HERE to sign up.
2. Registration takes place inside the forum in the Bloom News section under MINI WORKSHOP INFORMATION.
3. This workshop will run from Monday, October 20th – Monday, November 3rd.
4. 20 Active seats are available at $200.00 per seat.
5. 25 silent seats are available at $150.00 per seat. Silent seats will be able to view all the workshop material but cannot post inside the private forum, email Stephanie and get cc on their homework.
6. The private workshop information will be available for one month after the workshop ends.
7. This is an online workshop and students work at their own pace within the allotted workshop dates.
8. Registration is now open inside the forum on a first come first serve basis.
No refunds are given once a seat is purchased, however, you can sell your seat on your own.
If you have any questions regarding the content of the workshop, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other emails, please contact the Bloom Team at email@example.com.